|Preparation time||20 min|
|Cooking Time||35 min|
|Ready In||55 min|
|Level of Difficulty||Easy|
Instead of cooking the bread slices in a skillet on the stovetop, baked French toast is prepared by arranging the bread in a baking dish, soaking it in a custard mixture, and then baking it in the oven until it's golden and crispy on the outside.
Cinnamon baked French toast is delicious for several reasons:
Flavorful combination: Cinnamon adds a warm and aromatic touch to the French toast. Its sweet and slightly spicy taste enhances the overall flavor profile of the dish.
Comforting and nostalgic: The aroma of cinnamon can evoke feelings of comfort and nostalgia. It reminds many people of cozy holiday mornings, homemade baked goods, and traditional family recipes.
Caramelization: When the cinnamon-coated French toast is baked, the sugar in the cinnamon mixture caramelizes slightly, creating a delightful, caramel-like crust on the bread. This caramelization adds an extra layer of flavor and texture, making it even more enjoyable.
Ease of preparation: Cinnamon baked French toast is relatively easy to make. You can prepare it the night before and let it sit in the fridge overnight, allowing the flavors to meld together. In the morning, all you have to do is pop it in the oven, making it a convenient choice for breakfast or brunch.
Versatility: Cinnamon baked French toast is a versatile dish. You can customize it by adding toppings like fresh fruits, nuts, or a drizzle of maple syrup. This allows you to experiment and tailor the flavors to your personal preferences.
Overall, the combination of cinnamon's warm, comforting flavor, the caramelized crust, and the ease of preparation contribute to the popularity and deliciousness of cinnamon baked French toast.
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish set it aside and preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Slice the French bread into thick slices, about 1 inch thick. Arrange the bread slices in a single layer in a prepared baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, heavy cream, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt until well combined.
- Pour egg mixture over the slices, make sure each slice is coated evenly. Press down gently on the slices to help the bread absorb the liquid. Let it sit for about 10 minutes to allow the bread to soak up the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Add the cold cubed butter and use a pastry cutter or your fingers to cut the butter into the dry ingredients until you have a crumbly texture.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over the soaked bread slices in the baking dish.
- Bake the French toast in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until it is golden brown and set in the center.
- Remove the baked French toast from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve warm with maple syrup drizzled over the top.
You might also like:
This healthy and delicious baked tuna omelette recipe (omelete de atum no forno) is very easy and quick to make.
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
This green onion omelette with parsley, also known as "torta de cebola verde" in Portuguese, is a traditional dish from Portugal that is typically served as a light meal or snack.
|Level of Difficulty||Very Easy|
Learn hot to make this delicious marmelada recipe (quince jam).
|Level of Difficulty||Moderate|